Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
Role Overview: The Tax technology team is responsible for delivering business insights and high impact analyses to the Tax function in eBay. The team addresses strategic and operational questions facing the business including process automations, business sizing and impact measurement, and data science solutions.
This role is research intensive and includes innovation, testing and implementing of machine learning applications in Tax Domain. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgement, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative, and integrity.
As a manager-level Individual Contributor, qualified candidates will also assume leadership responsibilities for departmental activities, including:
- Advising, guiding, and counseling contract staff and other team members as and when needed to ensure full team alignment and compliance with eBay Marketplaces policies and procedures.
- Identifying, recruiting, hiring, developing, and overseeing direct and possibly indirect reports.
- Ensure that the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, performance metrics and other targets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build close partnership with the business and product teams to Innovate, identify and explore new analytics and operational opportunities to help drive results to enable the Business Units to track and drive initiatives.
- Research and innovate boldly using advanced machine learning algorithms and providing to business a robust and efficient process
- Identify, quantify, prioritise, test, launch and monitor improvements in business initiatives, marketing programs, website experience or policy changes.
- Key go-to person to provide thought leadership and recommendations to future business direction partnering with product and business teams
- Promote a self-serve analytics culture for the organisation by educating partners on key reports, data, and interpretation best practices.
- Develop data algorithms and automations and implement them as Self-serve tools
- Data virtualization and Insight driven analytics
- Build out fact base through deep and innovative analysis of eBay's large and rich dataset
- Constantly monitor for efficiency, and streamline processes where needed
- Maintain a close and pro-active relationship with other business functions like Customer Services, Legal and Finance teams to ensure visibility across functions
Job skills required:
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent technical skills for data analysis and process development, especially SQL, Python, Alteryx, and Excel
- A proven track record of end to end data science solutioning – problem definition, collating the required information, analysing the results, developing the ML model and productions it
- Proficient in data virtualization and Self-serve tools like Tableau
- Experienced in handling big data (Hadoop, Teradata, etc.)
- Agile experience
- Ability to translate commercial requirements into software solutions
- Capable to work independently while acting as part of a global tax team
- BTech/BE/BS/BA degree (ideally in a quantitative field such in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, other related Core Sciences or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience in data science and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance/technology OR Master's degree in similar field/MBA and 2+ years of experience in data science and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance/technology
- Hands on experience in real-world problem-solving using data science and machine learning, and its end-end implementation
- Proven knowledge in SQL and Python programming language
- At least 1-2 years of experience as direct business partner to mid-level or higher executives in within an organisation, with proven results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement