Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Full Time Permanent
Vaccination is required
Summary of the Position:
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist/Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Statistics team. This position will aid in positioning data science as a key competency within the company. You will be creating value from data assets using advanced analytics capabilities including data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to identify critical business risks and opportunities. Level will be determined based on experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, drive, and implement solutions from concept to minimum viable product and final product, including operationalizing and monitoring machine learning models.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop solutions and deliver impactful business insight.
- Develop data wrangling/ETL pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects.
- Apply statistical analysis, data mining, and visualization techniques to various datasets to uncover relationships and generate hypotheses.
- Apply various ML and advanced analytics techniques to perform classification or prediction tasks to drive business impact and address identified needs in an agile manner.
- Interpret and communicate analytics results clearly and concisely to audiences with varying backgrounds and degrees of technical understanding.
- Domain knowledge in biology, chemistry, process sciences, or pharmaceuticals is a plus.
- Bachelor???s or Master???s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent field.
- At least 3 years of commercial/industry experience, preferably in CMC, working in a hands-on capacity as a Data Scientist.
- Coding knowledge and experience in several languages: for example, R, Python/Jupyter, Java, Scala, C++, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience with popular database programming languages including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in one or more of the following commercial/open-source data discovery/analysis platforms: RStudio, Spark, KNIME, RapidMiner, Alteryx, Dataiku, Microsoft AzureML, Amazon SageMaker, Google Cloud ML, SAP Predictive Analytics.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing machine learning and data mining techniques including generalized linear model (GLM)/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, hierarchical clustering, deep learning, etc.
- Passion and proactiveness for applying state-of-the-art analytical methods to find solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize within an interdisciplinary environment that includes scientists, analysts, business stakeholders and consultants.
- Excellent communication and effective problem-solving skills; track record in serving a variety of diverse customers and projects.
- Ability to apply scientific principles in a broad range of technical assignments, making independent decisions based on sound scientific reasoning and analysis.
- Experience with Agile development methods including Scrum and Kanban preferred.
- Experience working in cloud-based environments is a plus.