about the senior data scientist, decision sciences role:
soona is looking for our first data scientist who will be part of the foundational team helping us build a world-class data organization. you will work closely with the data engineering, analytics, and engineering teams to create and maintain machine learning models to help optimize our business decisions. to be successful in this role, you will learn how to build incrementality and uplift models to optimize marketing spend, segment customers so that we can better fill their needs, and forecast business metrics so that we can plan for the future.
this is a full time position that will report directly to the senior director of data science.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
soona is currently supporting a remote work environment for this role; however, we are currently looking to hire in these states only: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington with requirements to be able to work in mst or cst time zones. for flex hybrid work environments, we also have office spaces in Denver, Colorado + Minneapolis, Minnesota, if that’s your thing.
about tech at soona:
an ideal candidate can:
- access data from our data warehouses to create datasets for model building
- train valuable machine learning models that impact business decisions
- create internal apps that serve up model outputs and predictions in real-time
- build systems to continuously monitor model performance and retrain with new data
- create and maintain telemetry/observability systems to monitor your app performance
- deliver quality code in an agile framework that ships to a production environment
- correlate work to business KPIs and be accountable for improvement targets
- effectively communicate with data engineers/analysts to understand requirements
- effectively communicate with engineers and devops/sre to follow system standards
- effectively communicate with stakeholders to gather requirements and explain outputs
has experience in:
- effectively communicating and coding in a remote work environment
- general machine learning methods, bayesian inference, and time series forecasting
- working with marketing, sales, and finance teams and understanding their target KPIs
- python – the core language of the data organization
- sql – optimizing query performance on OLAP data warehouses
- aws or equivalent cloud environment
- docker, airflow, dbt, flask/fastAPI experience is preferred
- startup experience is preferred
we can offer:
- starting salary: $140,000 – $160,000 (depending on experience)
- stock options in a booming startup
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots