Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you a critical thinking Data Scientist who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and so we have to be really smart about the business of health care. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Data Science skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery. You will research cutting edge algorithms and technologies, and design innovative solutions to solve business problems that only a Data Scientist can.
About the role:
You will be working on innovative AI projects driving and supporting various advanced analytic solutions aimed to improve healthcare delivery. You will be an important member of a Data Science team focused on innovation; developing predictive models that leverage data in new and exciting ways. It will give you a great opportunity to get into the Healthcare Data world and learn best practices in the industry working with data both on-prem and in cloud.
You will work in close collaboration with business and product stakeholders, as well as with Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams. You will contribute across the Data Science toolset, patents or products in areas like shared codes, best practices, technology and quality. You will embrace continuous learning and evangelizing of Data Science practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individual who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
- Work with business to develop and operationalize analytic solutions
- Engage in communications for all important functions including data understanding/exploration, strategizing solutions etc.
- Leverage big data analytics infrastructure comprising Hadoop, MapR, Python, H2O, Spark and Snowflake to solve complex business problems in the healthcare domain.
- Leverage technical analytical expertise across the enterprise to architect, deploy, and oversee integrated analytics/business technology solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow data scientists, business analysts and subject matter experts to design and oversee the development of working prototypes of data science solutions.
- Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation.
- Work with autonomy to find solutions to complex problems.
- Possess and instill a sense of curiosity and collaboration in team members to reach across teams and research methodologies.
- Communicate analytic results and predictive models to business partners.
- MS/PhD in applied mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, statistics, bioinformatics, actuarial science or similar.
- Proven experience with Machine Learning and/or Predictive Analytics, using Python.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, PySpark, H2O, Snowflake) and traditional relational database technologies (any of Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data.
- Good knowledge of inferential statistics (hypothesis testing, A/B testing, etc.).
- Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Git, GitHub, etc.) for development and monitoring throughout the model lifecycle.
- Ability to breakdown and clearly define problems.
- Demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects that deliver real business value.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- PhD in quantitative field.
- Experienced with healthcare data.
- Experience in working with temporal data.
- Track record of designing and applying machine learning solutions for real world problems.
- Track record of publications in machine learning and/or artificial intelligence domain.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Theano, or Torch.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.