Senior Data Scientist
£65k-£75k – Office in Farnham
Innovation and modernisation are at the heart of this end-user organisation, and the complexity of their product data and focus to be data driven has generated the need to employ you, a storyteller of Data – AKA – a Data Scientist with R or Python programming skills, and previous experience of applying Machine Learning techniques in a production / commercial environment.
This Data Scientist position will see you combine deep technical data science knowledge along with excellent team & stakeholder management skills. Strong knowledge of a range of statistical and machine learning approaches will be valuable as you will be contributing to the development of new Data Products whilst applying these ML techniques to maximise their predictions across the UK market for these said products, whilst giving insight to key internal stakeholders. This includes analysing huge and very complex datasets – and given the size/volumes of their data across multiple platforms and businesses, you won't ever be bored. If you're looking to put in some serious graft, run simulations, make new models, come up with new ideas and are hungry to grow you'll be a great fit for this organisation!
Your new team:
This is an established Data Science function where you’ll be joining a team of 13 other Data Scientists and their Head of Department. They’re all at different levels with varying skills, this is an environment & team who really value knowledge-sharing.
You’ll take complete ownership of your own innovation and design and develop machine learning algorithms, statistical models, as well as data analysis & insight delivery to answer questions to real business problems.
Your new company:
· They’re big – so if you’re after a start-up these guys aren’t for you.
· This department is growing and there’s a lot of work to do, so if you like the idea of being part of a large, stable company with set processes in place – but being sat in a smaller / family feel division as part of this; it would be perfect for you.
· In return, you’ll receive a base salary of £65k-£75k + benefits (including WFH home with occasional travel to the office – 2 days a month!). Best of all, you’ll be working with one of the world's most recognised organisations in their field!
About you and the skills you'll need:
· A Data Scientist with at least 3 years’ experience
· Hands-on programming experience with R (preferably) or Python
· Detailed knowledge of data manipulation tools (e.g., SQL).
· Jenkins experience is a huge plus
· Data visualisation tools, such as Tableau or Power BI
· Experience in creating/applying different Machine Learning techniques to large sets of information
· You should have a GIT profile where we can review your code/passion for Data!
We’re niche Data, Tech & Analytics recruiters, so if you don’t have an up-to-date CV right now that’s fine, you can send us what you have via annika dot sanderson at kdrrecruitment dot com. Don’t forget to send any awesome projects you’ve been working on, as we love to see what you’ve been working on! You can also call me on zero one five six five, six five one, four two two to discuss this further. Let’s get an interview booked in!