This is a great opportunity to join and lead our passionate and creative Data Security Team. We are looking for a talented Senior Data Manager to help support Data & Analytics in the UK's largest government organisation.
As Senior Data Manager, you will lead, coach and inspire a team of expert Data Security Managers in DWP. You will be responsible for managing and delivery all aspects of data security for the UK's largest government department.
Pay up to 60,781 plus 27% employer pension contributions, hybrid working with 60% home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
In DWP we help people into work, provide support to 20 million daily users, and make payments worth over 195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We deal with huge volume of sensitive and critical data, and we want a Senior Data Manager to add their skills to our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. Together we'll deliver a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services.
We're using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to build and maintain innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions that will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As our new Senior Data Manager you will lead a team of Data Security Managers – you will be responsible for coaching and developing your team and growing our Data Management capability.
You're a data management expert and we'll give you the opportunity to flex that expertise as you build and maintain strong, influential relationships across DWP and within the data security world.
You will provide specialist advice, including best practice recommendations on data security, and controls to mitigate and address risks and vulnerabilities.
You will own, consult on, develop and enhance the data system security policies and processes in relation to data access.
You have the communication skills to work equally well with colleagues from our expert domains and from service and business areas.
We'll need you to land the message about information security and data protection legislation, policies and standards to everyone in the organisation, including our most senior people as they shape how DWP works.
You'll help us create better collaboration and an inclusive approach to data security – you can't do it in isolation, you need to bring people with you, and you know how to do it.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Managerial experience in either a security, data protection or bulk data role.
- Experience of applying government or industry security standards and frameworks
- Experience of delivering and improving services or processes to protect data or information in accordance with security and data protection standards, policies and legislation.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex and technical information.
- The ability to work well at pace, to deadlines and changing priorities, whilst paying attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, direction, and decision making, with the proven ability to steer senior conversations.
- It's great if you have an information security qualification – and you'll have chance to work towards more certifications here.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work and collaborate flexibly. We work a hybrid model – you'll be in the office about 40% of the time, and 60% home working.
We offer competitive pay of up to 60,781
You'll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9%. For a starting salary of 60,000 that is worth 16,740 a year.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, and rising to 31 (in addition to all the public holidays). And you can take up to 3 extra days off a month on flexi-time.
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working including flexible hours and family-friendly policies
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.