DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Senior Data Manager to work with us on the security, control and accuracy of data, offering a world class data management services to data users across government and the private sector.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Senior Data Manager, you'll be working on the transformation of data into actionable insights that are key to the effective business decisions. You'll be leading a number of teams to deliver first class data management services for data users across government and private sector, ensuring the security of data, advising on potential breaches and providing expert guidance on courses of action.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- The post holder must have experience working in a Senior role in a large organisation with a complex data landscape, working with Senior Officers across multiple Departments/Businesses and Agencies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to communicate and exchange complex and technical information.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines, whilst paying attention to detail and the ability to prioritise appropriately.
- Experience of data sharing between different organisations in accordance with data protection legislation, such as UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- The post holder should have knowledge of ISO27001 series of Information Security Management System, Security Policy Framework and Cyber Essentials.
- The post holder should have experience of working with government or industry security standards and frameworks, and (preferably) an information security qualification.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to £59,589 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.