Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, evaluate, identify alternative approaches, recommend, design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems ranging from small to large work efforts for low to high complexity problems
- Develop, test, deploy and schedule complex ETL/ELT solutions to integrate multiple data asset across the organization
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities as established by departmental and organizational standards
- Demonstrate collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills and will bring communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills, creativity, and problem-solving skills to a challenging environment
- Partner with other competency leads/ developers and support project planning, technical design, development, and solution deployment functions
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement as applicable
- Lead, mentor and develop development resources and provide project related directions
- Acting in a technical SME role, support development, QA, and production support teams in SDLC and operational activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or other relevant degree; OR equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures with relational databases
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages (shell scripts, Python, Java/Scala)
- Experience in IT systems analysis, data analysis, software design, or a combination of roles within SDLC
- Recent and hands-on experience in developing ETL solution utilizing SPARK/Scala, Azure Databricks
- UNIX or Linux development environment experience
- Exposure to big data platforms. Knowledge of Hive/Spark
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases principles and structures
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or IT
- Health care experience
- Digital data experience
- Agile and DevOps experience
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with additional industry standard ETL tools
- Experience with Airflow or equivalent job scheduling tool experience
- Experience working with a virtual team environment over multiple locations, including offshore
- Exposure to Kafka streaming
- Understanding of a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and the ability read data flow and entity relationship models
- Ability to act as a lead developer responsible for the planning, completion, and coordination of work activity for projects involving more than one developer
- Effective communications with all levels of internal staff, including issue resolution, negotiation of project related priorities, and completion dates
- Solid analytical and technical aptitude
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.