Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
UHG Tech is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care – making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, but we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. #otuhctech #otutswe
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to Join this history making.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- Participate in an environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Work with cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- Involved in the definition, management, implementation and support of databases for UHCSR Application, UHCSR Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics (DA) focused projects
- Act as Database Administrators that work with UHCSR Development Teams to create and support MS SQL Server databases used by the organization
- DBA works closely with other DBAs, Technical Architects, Developers and Reporting Analysts to align technology solutions with business strategies and project objectives; DBAs are part of a team that proactively manages daily database support and monitoring activities identifying opportunities for improvement
- Work with teams to triage and work database tickets, support Development Teams, perform routine maintenance and provide on-call support
- Work with database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles
- Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems
- Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- Manage relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition
- Design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- B.S. in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience performing MS SQL Server DBA activities in support of software development projects (Using MS SQL Server 2016)
- 3+ years of experience working with performance tuning and troubleshooting MS SQL databases
- 3+ years of experience working with database automation tools to support CI/CD database activities
- Experience working on projects using either an agile software development methodology or a structured project management methodology, delivering projects on time and on budget
- Experience working with MS SQL Database Replication
- Proven and demonstrable experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics projects
- Analysis, design, and programming experience
- Understanding of database structures and demonstrated ability to manipulate, extract, and update data
- Proven experience working on small, mid and large-scale projects
- Experience utilizing excellent written and oral communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.