Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Engineer's overall responsibility: To develop and provide ongoing support for ETL solutions, which will provide meaningful data to business consumers in a timely manner.
To succeed in this role, you should be analytical and resourceful. You should also be an excellent communicator who’s able to tell the story behind raw data to non-technical audiences. If you also have experience in the healthcare industry, we’d like to meet you.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop automated data transformation solutions using healthcare data
- Using healthcare data to achieve administrative needs and goals
- Understanding data storage and data sharing methods
- Develop ETL patterns which make the most efficient use of data warehouse hardware resources, in order to deliver timely results to business customers
- Investigating data to find patterns and trends
- Understanding healthcare business operations
- Utilizing different data sources for transformation tasks
- Converting data into usable information that is easy to understand
- Understand health care operations and systems
- Pull and integrate data from disparate sources
- Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) frameworks
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data management systems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Healthcare Administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience in an analytic role
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience in working with both technical & non-technical business partners
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL database operations, performance tuning, script / package building, deployment methodologies and source control tools
- Should have knowledge of agile/scrum framework process and tools
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL.
- Must be hands on with SQL/TSQL, SSIS, Informatica and ETL standards
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.