AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. AbleTo believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality care, and offers a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs. AbleTo partners with payers to make high-quality care accessible, affordable and convenient for millions of people to get the treatment they need.
Data is integral to nearly everything that we do at AbleTo, and as a result the Data Engineering team plays a key role at our company. You should be excited to work with data, have the curiosity to dive deeply into issues, and feel empowered to make a meaningful impact at a mission-driven company. The Data Engineering team is responsible for capturing, storing and organizing key business data assets, supporting many departments including data scientists in building algorithms used for patient identification / engagement / treatment, and supporting useful and actionable reporting for the business.
The Senior Data Engineer should have a passion for developing scalable data-based solutions that enable AbleTo’s processes and services.
The Primary Responsibilities
- Design, build, implement and maintain large-scale batch (ELT/ETL) data pipelines and near real-time streaming processes on Google Cloud Platform (e.g., BigQuery, GCS, Composer, etc.) leveraging tools such as Informatica (IICS / CDI / CAI) and Python
- Design, build, implement and maintain data-based APIs and services leveraging tools such as Python, Informatica (IICS / CAI) and Apigee
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Internal teams and Clients to ensure the high availability, integrity and confidentiality of healthcare data
- Implements processes to monitor data quality and operations, ensuring production data is accurate and available for business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Supports gathering requirements with the Data Product Owner and Data Architect. Including breaking down development work into manageable work items.
- Provide support for ongoing operations of the data engineering processes and perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Participate in daily team standups and other Agile ceremonies
Key Initiatives over the next 12 months
- Modern implementation of the data ingestion processes to create a more efficient processes and to adhere to industry standards
- Build out of several new Data Lake sources
- Build out of a new Data Warehouse supporting critical functions
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 8+ year of experience in Data Engineering / Data Warehousing / ETL Development
- 5+ years SQL
- 5+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of Informatica Cloud (IICS) experience a PLUS
- 5+ years of working knowledge of data technologies, such as MongoDB, BigQuery, MySQL, Firestore and Postgres
- 5+ years of experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful services
- Self-starter with experience independently breaking down large projects into actionable steps
- BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related discipline preferred
- Healthcare domain experience is a plus
- Experience with working on Agile teams and leveraging Jira is a plus
- Experience with event-based architectures (e.g., Kafka, pub/sub) is a plus
- Experience with PySpark is a plus
- Experience working on Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience working with Batch and Real-time data integration is a plus
- Proven problem solver and team player
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Who You Are
- You are a collaborator. You build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- You are an engineer. You have a strong sense of architectural patterns (and anti-patterns) and an intuition of what it takes to get complex projects shipped.
- You hustle. You don’t need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- You are empathetic. You seek to understand each individual’s diversity of background and thought.
- Collaborate on the definition and design of detailed acceptance test scenarios.
- Support the delivery of high-quality test-driven solutions that pass automated tests.
Follow AbleTo on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.