For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will design, develop, implement, test, deploy, monitor and maintain the delivery of data in a systematic method that will support our drive to 5-star performance for Optum Health Clinical Performance. The roles in this function will cover all primary development and maintenance activities across all technology functions to ensure that we deliver data with high quality for our users, applications, and services and to understand customer needs. The capabilities include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents and maintains database queries and data analysis
- Set standard ETL processes and with an eye from test to production development
- Applies data transformation based on understanding of data structures in place using common methods
- Understands all the connected technology services and their impacts
- Assesses design and proposes options to ensure solution meets business needs in terms of security, scalability, reliability and feasibility
- Effectively communicates with business stakeholders and technical team
- Understands data for a line of business and is able to identify actionable insights
- Breaks complex topics into meaningful chunks of information
- Sorts through large amounts of data to assess for relevancy
- Considers the customer experience, business impact and solution objective when managing risks and development and design of solutions
- Pro-actively identifies patterns in issues and researches root-cause to improve overall quality
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Healthcare Administration, Information Technology or related field. (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ SQL server experience, developing efficient, well-performing queries
- 5+ SQL Server experience maintaining a SQL Server
- 4+ years of ETL experience
- 3+ years of reporting/analytic experience
- Alteryx Core Certified
- 2+ years Alteryx Designer Experience
- Experience with performance tuning tools and/or techniques
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Experience using Tableau Desktop
- Experience using Alteryx Server
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience in Medicare Advantage Part D (MAPD) and HEDIS operations
- Cloud-based applications
- Proven excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in high volume workload situations
- Proven self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone’of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income’deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.