Senior Data Engineer – Python
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services requires Senior Data Engineers with hands-on experience in Python & SQL based at their client's offices in Coventry. You may be able to work some days remotely.
This role is a part of InDigital Team.
This is a 6-month temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive market rate
We are looking for Data Engineers with a passion for quality, attention to detail and proven experience in the Python and SQL
- Design, create, test and maintain data pipelines to support analytics projects
- Assemble complex datasets for a range of applications and teams across the business
- Identify, design and implement process improvements in data pipelines.
- Automating manual processes, increase scalability, reduce run time and optimise cost.
- Build infrastructure required to support the running of data pipelines that are cost effective, robust and scalable
- Build analytic tools and solutions to support the business in data driven decision making and actionable insights
- Translate business problems into data analytics requirements and solutions that deliver value through analysing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
- Resolving raw data questions using a storytelling approach to provide business clients with detailed, actionable solutions.
- Provide advisory service to business domain analysts and citizen data engineers to assist with technical work in agreed territories
- Design and build data visualisations & dashboards
- Previous experience working in a team in one of the following functions; data analytics, software or application development, database development
- Experience of designing data models / data architecture
- Experience in creating tests; unit testing, data quality tests, assumption testing
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of modern programming languages & scripts;
- Strong hands on experience on Python or equivalent (I.e. Java) development experience. This is mandatory
- Elastic technology
- 3+ year SQL development and experience in relational or no-sql databases
- Ability to communicate complex data or technical concepts to non technical internal clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills