Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Join Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses as a Senior Data Engineer where you will participate in the full development lifecycle of data solutions that support core operations, reporting and analytics. In collaboration with other members of the Data Engineering team, the Sr Data Engineer will lead delivery of solutions utilizing SQL Server Data Tools, H-Scale, as well as big data technologies like Nifi, Airflow, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Scala, providing direction on design and architecture.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance leveraging best practices
- Design, develop, deliver and maintain complex data interchange processes
- Leverage knowledge of healthcare data to ensure consistent capture and presentation of data from disparate sources in repositories supporting operations, reporting and analytics
- Deliver data interchange solutions adherent to industry-standard as well as proprietary specifications
- Identify opportunities for refinements that improve efficiency, quality and reliability and implement relevant solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools to develop solutions supporting data warehouses and data interchange
- 3+ years of experience with big data technologies such as Nifi, Airflow, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Scala
- 2+ years of programming experience with Java, Python, R or similar language
- 1+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with reporting, BI and data visualization tools
- Working knowledge of modern data modeling methodologies
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, distributed computing, networks and network security
- Proficiency with H-Scale
- Solid team leadership skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.