Shape our future as Senior Data Engineer
The Data Engineer role specialises in Data and Analytical Solutions within the Capita Consulting business. Within Capita Consulting we strive for excellence in all the delivery work we undertake. What you'll be doing:
Excellent communicational skills allow our Data Engineers to liaise effectively with not only our customers but our technical and non-technical colleagues. This enables us to understand complex requirements and challenges, as well as developing precise solutions that enable our customers to deliver valuable outcomes.
Our developments and projects are managed via either Agile or Prince methodologies. The Data Engineer could work on solo projects or as part of digital squads that deliver larger project work. A large proportion of our projects require end-to-end development, therefore a keen eye for detail is necessary.
What we're looking for:
- UK Residency for last 3 years to meet some client vetting requirements
- Existing right to work in the UK
- Willingness to travel for work
Essential Technical Skills
API Development (FastAPI, Flask)
Microsoft Azure (Cloud Based Data Transfer, Deployment)
Containerization (Docker, Docker-Compose)
Elasticsearch On Premise
Other Desirable Technical Skills
Data Warehouse Solutions Architecture
IBM Cognos 10/11 suite
BI Reporting in any of (Microsoft PowerBI, Cognos Analytics, Tableau etc)
Management Information Dashboard Design and Authoring
MDM (Master Data Management) Tools
Full Project Lifecycle (Requirements, Build, Test, Deploy and Document)
ETL Development (SSIS)
Microsoft Azure Data Factory
Data Migration Project Experience
Database Skills (Oracle & SQL Server)
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and benefits
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
About Capita Consulting
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Capita Consulting is a new division created in December 2019 to take a new approach to the market bringing our earned experience from industry and the broad knowledge across the group to provide advice, guidance and our combined expertise to guide and develop unique offerings and solutions to our wide range of existing clients and to develop new streams of revenue.