My client, a leading player in the software/streaming industry, are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their growing team. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will contribute to enhancing and maintaining thee data processing and storage pipelines/workflows for external and internal data consumers. You should have a strong engineering background and even more importantly a desire to take ownership of their data systems to make them world class.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop pipelines using a variety of different technologies.
- Manage full-cycle data processing from ingestion through ETL to storage and batch processing.
- Automate, test and harden all data workflows.
- Architect data models to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Participate in support and ongoing maintenance of all data infrastructure.
- Be part of a fast growing data team handling massive scale with tons of automation.
- Provide innovative solutions to challenging data projects and proof of concepts.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working with high volume data infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS data related services.
- Extensive experience programming in one of the following languages: Python / Java.
- Experience in data modeling, optimizing SQL queries, and system performance tuning.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the latest open source and data frameworks.
- Experience evaluating industry trends and technologies.
- Always be learning and staying up to speed with the fast moving data world.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
If you believe you are a good fit for this role, please apply immediately. The rapid growth of this company means that they are looking to hire ASAP, so slots are being filled as we speak.