At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our 80+ person in-house Engineering team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively to develop and implement data models that act as the eyes and ears of a complex business that spans e-commerce, supply chain, marketing, retail, customer service, product development, and more. Your efforts to collect, organize, and share data will impact nearly all of Team Warby and will be highly visible across the organization. Sound like the job for you? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with a product manager, engineering manager, business stakeholders, and other engineers in an Agile environment
- Design and implement dimensional data models that capture company-wide business processes
- Ask thoughtful questions and listen carefully to get to know your business partners’ vocabulary, problems, goals, and constraints
- Contribute to the technical leadership of the team through writing, technical guidance, planning, mentorship, and other efforts to help guide the team to success
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience designing and deploying dimensional models
- Fluency in SQL
- The ability to learn and work comfortably with the tools of modern software engineering—whether that’s working at the command line, using version control, writing tests, or performing code reviews
- Top-notch communication skills—you’re an empathetic listener and a proactive communicator both in person and in writing
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some Benefits And Perks Of Working At Warby Parker
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.