DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work, and make payments worth over 195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work with us on the design and development of data products that will change the way the millions of users interact with DWP.
You'll join our community of tech experts in DWP Digital. We're driving a once-in-a-generation transformation of government services, using fresh ideas and leading-edge technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions.
The DWP products and services we maintain and modernise will be used by nearly every person in the UK, at key moments in their lives. The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our scale and purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As a Senior Data Engineer you'll be leading and shaping the design and delivery of DWP data products, utilising leading-edge technology and data-driven solutions to develop services that will positively impact millions of UK citizens. You'll be guiding the adoption of new technology and will collaborate with other technologists to share best practices and explore new ways of working, as well as coaching and supporting junior engineers.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience of leading on data engineering projects.
- Building team capability, through role modelling, mentoring and coaching.
- Experience in designing and building efficient, scalable, automated ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Exposure to cloud technologies and principles (AWS or Azure) of designing and developing data solutions on public cloud – AWS or Azure.
- Experience of one or more Programming Languages – SQL, Python, Shell scripting (BASH).
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive salary of up to 74,589 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.