At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and out of reach. We want to change all that, which is why we're on a mission to get everyone investing!
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the 1.2 trillion UK retail investment market through our innovative apps, technology is at the heart of what we do. We bring simple, low-cost investing to everyone, removing traditional barriers to entry and democratising the world of investing. We are mobile first and our app enables users to buy and sell shares, ETFs and investment trusts, with no commission and low flat fees.
We recently completed our Series B funding round bringing the total capital we raised to over 60m. we are only just getting started … We have recently launched new revenue streams including our ‘Plus’ premium membership and self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs). We currently have over 850,000 customers and we’re scaling fast – in 2020, we added 250,000 users and so far in 2021 we have added over double that number!!
Our team is currently just over 190 people and we are on track to double headcount year-on-year, as we look to support our growing user base and drive international expansion – we’re scaling across the world in London, Brisbane, Stockholm, and Vancouver!
Our technology teams, across software engineering and product, are the beating heart of our mission. The teams work in collaborative verticals to build our platform. This means customers can put their savings to work in the global markets via a product and user experience they can trust, which currently enables 50,000 – 100,000 trades per day.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to develop best-in-class data capabilities throughout the organisation and embed data engineering principles within our core products to enhance the way we collect, consume & utilise data.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to contribute towards how Freetrade uses data.
- Develop and maintain our real-time integrations between our back-end services and data warehouse.
- Support and develop integrations with third party data sources, leveraging both REST APIs and database connectors.
- Collaborate with other functions to integrate new features and services into the Data Warehouse.
- Design and develop data models of our core business processes in the Data Warehouse.
- Define how we use data to understand our customers and develop our product.
- Evolve our controls & workflows – improving the quality of our data.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to ensure all data and reporting needs are met.
- Raise the bar for the entire data function through best practice, tooling and automation.
- You possess a strong data background, with the ability to contribute towards technical discussions at all levels.
- You're experienced in writing high quality, maintainable SQL on large datasets.
- You're fluent in back-end technology and capable of building and developing data pipelines within a cloud-native environment
- You’re a strong communicator and thrive whilst working cross-functionally with disciplines from operations to design and growth to finance and are confident leading projects with senior stakeholders
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work.
- You’re a proven leader who cares about the team, is keen to share your knowledge and is open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback.
The application process consists of; an initial phone interview with one of our internal Talent Specialists; a short technical screen; a cultural & values interview; a second real-world technical interview and a final chat with our Head of Data.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.