Senior Data Engineer. Circa 100k + Benefits Package. Home Based. United Kingdom. Permanent. T6/MN/18277.
Innovative rapidly growing FMCG organisation with a direct-to-consumer model is seeking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer. The Senior Data Engineer will help design & build the ETL Layer – leveraging data from multiple sources across both structured & unstructured data sources.
The Senior Data Engineer will be involved with design, architecture and hands-on development activities. The role sits within a small but supportive data team, working in a collaborative & approachable environment.
- Work closely with Technology, Commercial & Marketing teams.
- Design & provide access to accurate and appropriately structured data – help to facilitate key business decisions.
- Design / Architect and build the ETL Layer – so data from the data warehouse is in digestible formats.
- Design The Data Structure – Create data sources for Analysts to report on & derive insights.
- Ensure datasets can be leveraged from multiple data sources to provide insights for the business.
- Utilise Cloud based data tools.
- Provide guidance to the business on data related projects & data related developments.
- Increase the organisations access to data.
Technical skills – Experience required:
- Senior Data Engineer – Data Engineer professional experience – 4 to 5 years’ experience.
- ETL – strong experience of designing ETL layers – utilising ETL tools such as SSIS or Fivetran etc.
- Python & SQL Scripting – advanced skills.
- Data Integration – experience of leveraging data from multiple sources e.g., – Google Analytics, Zendesk, S3 etc.
- BI Tools – report & dashboard creation – experience of Power BI, Looker etc., or similar BI tool.
- Support with self-serve Data & BI capabilities.
- Data Warehousing – Redshift, Snowflake, or similar DW experience.
- Data Cleansing & Data Quality experience.
- Creation of Data documentation & dictionary of definitions.
- Automation of day-to-day data activities e.g., campaign selection activity – ensure no duplication across departments, over-contacting, with GDPR restrictions.
- Designing Analytical measurements.
- Cloud based data tools – such as Stitch data, Fivetran or similar tools.
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement – able to converse with technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Self-starter – able to work under minimal supervision.
- Diligent & proactive approach.
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal English.
- Data Architect – with hands-on development skills.
- LookML coding experience.
- Leadership – experience of leading Data Engineers or Data Analysts – imparting your knowledge.
- Agile methodology.
Benefits: Pension, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Purchase Extra Holidays, Learning & Development Support, Cycle to Work Scheme, Yoga Lessons, Health & Wellbeing Sessions, Team
Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineer, Data Architect, Python, SQL, ETL, SSIS, Fivetran, Stitch, Amazon S3, Data Integration, Google Analytics, Data Architect, Senior Data Engineer, Data Engineering, Snr Data Engineer, Senior Data Engineer. Work From Home, Home Based. Permanent. United Kingdom. T6/MN/18277.