UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Demonstrate Data literacy, and be resourceful in terms of understanding Medicare overall, STAR measures, gap closures and claims
- Work closely with business to gather and finalize requirements, business documents, or user stories
- Design, build, and maintain architecture pertaining to data processing
- Load data and be able to create user friendly reports, providing technical solutions
- Develop views for end users utilizing reporting platforms such as SSRS, Tableau, or any other reporting tools
- Validate new or enhanced technical development and implementation and work closely with Quality Assurance Engineers to achieve quality and accuracy
- Responsible for maintaining existing data load process building blocks and customizations
- Support data processing, preexisting reporting, applications and customer facing reports, or data
- Learn about the products, share ideas and be able to train or influence other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience working with relational data and SQL programming (SQL Server, Teradata, or similar databases)
- 3+ years of solid working experience in building simple to complex SSIS packages for data processing, that involves data movement between various servers (SQL/ Teradata/ Hive), working with text files, and other data sources
- 3+ years of experience building reports in SSRS and/or Tableau
- Experience with the software development life cycle (i.e. Business Requirements, Technical Documentation, Quality Assurance)
- Solid communication skills with experience presenting ideas and solutions to business customers
- Must be an expert in SQL programming, data analysis and data management
- Self-guided in terms of understating data in physical tables or views, and also be able to create/ enhance stored procedures or functions pertaining to report feeds, or any input/output
- Ability to develop and manage multiple projects with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to perform system investigation, reverse engineering, and new development while adhering to development standards and good change control practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science of relevant field
- Experience in Healthcare, Financial Services or Insurance Industry
- Experience with automating ETL package
- Experience in Python and Snowflake
- Knowledge in Medicare
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.