Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality. Depending on the specific role and business line, example responsibilities in this function could include creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company. Roles in this function could partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization. Other roles involved could include producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients. Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: production of standard or self-service operational reporting, casual inference led (healthcare analytics) or data pattern recognition (data science) analysis; and/or image or unstructured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance practices in support of data warehouse environments and ETL processes / projects
- Analyze data and reporting assets to ensure that products meet design specifications and standards
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures based on business requirements
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review, and user group meetings for quality assurance
- Work with business users, system analysts, designers, and programmers to create and analyze various required project documents
- Test any new products to ensure functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications are adhered to
- Contribute to standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Create, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases for functional and regression testing and follow the defect management process
- Detail oriented and dedication to releasing defect free implementations
- Ability to write database queries and commands across various databases
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others.
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of database / warehouse experience in Information Technology with a reporting/analytics or software development focus
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Rally, Jira, or a similar test management tool
- Experience hands-on experience in all types of testing including unit, integration, system, sanity, smoke, regression, acceptance, performance, load, stress, volume, and reliability/resiliency
- Experience working with large size data sets using Big Data Frameworks (i.e., Hadoop/EMR/Databricks/Spark/Hive etc.)
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Knowledge of SPARK, SQL, SCALA, or any other programming language
- Analytical, problem-solving, time management skills and think out of the box
- Works to achieve operational targets, which has moderate impact on the overall achievement of results for the team
- Passion to discover data-driven solutions that solve business problems within a healthcare setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.