Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Generate complex healthcare datasets for external and internal clients
- Collaborate with colleagues, internal teams, and various levels of management
- Develop expertise with Optum claims and clinical real-world health data (RWD)
- Maintain high standards of data quality and timeliness
- Review and verify the quality other analysts’ deliverables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with SQL in transforming / manipulating data, including writing complex SQL queries in Oracle, SQL Server and/or AWS Athena/Redshift environment
- 2+ years of experience coordinating with end users or other internal stakeholders to see projects through to completion
- 2+ years of experience reporting project statuses and milestones using a case management system or other project tracking method
- 2+ years of experience in translating business requirements (specifications) into SQL or other query code
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience and working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Experience working with healthcare claims and/or clinical data
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Experience running queries and extracting data in AWS
- Understanding of healthcare industry terminology and coding (e.g., NDC11, ICD9/ ICD10, HCPCS, CPT)
- Experience working with visual analytics tools and the underlying data (e.g., Tableau)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.