UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are accountable for a broad range of reporting, analytics, and data solutions. This position offers the opportunity to join a department that is working to dramatically improve the healthcare experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze health care spend and utilization to identify key trend drivers and perform root cause analyses to evaluate medical cost savings opportunities
- Complete analyses to project/measure the financial impact of initiatives
- Develop reports to track ongoing performance of clinical programs
- Collaborate with the clinical program team on appropriate data sources and analytic approaches for identifying key trend drivers and evaluating potential interventions to impact trends
- Communicate progress, findings, and analysis in written, oral and graphical form
- Prepare exhibits for presentation to key stakeholders, advance projects and transform data into actionable outcomes
- Develop and maintain project plans including written specifications of tasks, expected timelines, and deliverables consistent with the team deadlines
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to effectively expand team capabilities and advance projects
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in data science, medical informatics, statistics, health services research, economics, or another relevant quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience performing analyses and interpreting data to support program ideation, design, implementation, management, and evaluation
- 3+ years SAS programming experience using Data Steps and Proc SQL to extract and cleanse data for analyses
- Experience working as an analyst for a managed healthcare company
- Experience using large administrative and operational healthcare data for analytic purposes
- Experience presenting analytic results
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Advanced experience querying and integrating large disparate data sources using SAS
- Experience with statistical analyses
- Experience with analytical file construction, maintenance, and governance
- Understanding of clinical management activities of a large managed healthcare organization
- Solid project management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.