UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an experienced analyst who is passionate about leveraging data to help create and improve real-world solutions to improve member care. This position will support STARS / HEDIS Optimization of Medicare Quality Measures. You’ll be a member of a data science team supporting strategies to improve member care through services like preventative screenings, disease management and telemedicine.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform data cleansing, transformation, aggregation, and summarization to produce and maintain data assets foundational to data science projects
- Develop code to extract health insurance claims data, health care operational data, and clinical data from a variety of data sources
- Ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance practices in support of data warehouse environments and ETL processes / projects
- Conduct hands-on data analysis on large datasets and interpret results
- Investigate data quality issues and research data anomalies
- Document data and program processes
- Serve as a data SME across multiple internal data sources. Coach and assist other analysts and data scientists regarding data sources and code usage
- Work independently to develop efficient code for creating complex integrated datasets
- Interact directly with data scientists, clinical teams and reporting organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology or equivalent experience (i.e. without degree you will need 3+ years of professional experience in addition to requirements listed below)
- 3+ years of SQL programming in relational databases (in a professional business environment)
- 3+ years experience integrating data from large relational databases across multiple platforms (Teradata, Hive, SQL, SAS)
- 2+ years experience programming in Python
- Data mining with an inquiring mindset
- 1+ years experience with ETL tools SSIS, Alteryx, or other ETL tools
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or similar visualization tools
- Experience with STARS/HEDIS measures and Medicare
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Experience in building ETL pipelines incorporating Airflow
- Knowledge in Snowflake
- Knowledge in SAS
- Knowledge in GitHub
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel managing competing priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.