$5000 sign-on bonus to external new hire
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Senior Data Analyst, you will act as the Analytical expert and will provide analytic leadership to support Government Program operational reporting and analytics, planning and process improvements. You'll work closely with business leaders to develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights, and drive better decisions and performance to help Government Operation fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as technical and data analysis go-to for Government Operations leadership and operational staff
- Understand operations at a deep level, develop metrics and report on critical outcomes
- Develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights, and drive better decisions and performance to help the business achieve its business objectives
- Support operational analytics, identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance
- Develop queries and models to evaluate results and formulate solutions to drive process & performance improvement
- Develop visionary and creative analytic solutions to measure business performance; identifies / quantifies drivers, risks and opportunities and defines solutions to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, projects and / or approaches
- Self-starter with an engaging leadership style, solid influencing and facilitation skills that will quickly develop relationships across the organization while building a collaborative work environment
- Analytic thought leadership with skills in developing innovative and creative analytic solutions to complex problems. Experience tracking, trending, and reporting on metrics with visualization
- Solid business acumen and critical thinking ability. Ability to translate business/clinical needs into technical specifications
- Executive presence and presentation skill – ability to tell a compelling story in a concise and effective manner to non-technical executives and clinical staff
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate, identify and diagnose problems and make recommendations
- Candidate must be goal-directed, persistent and driven to achieve positive results. Is positive influence on others and deals well with setbacks. Identifies integration issues, removes barriers, and tracks project status to obtain desired results
- Detail orientation – getting "into the trenches" to evaluate all aspects of operations. Pivotal to success will be the ability to take a hands-on approach to getting the information needed and driving effective and lasting change
- A leader with solid ability to develop relationships/influence across functional teams that work across multiple business units
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience utilizing SQL and/or relational database tools
- 3+ years of experience in reporting & analysis, data management & reconciliation
- 3+ years of experience in using Excel as a reporting and analysis tool
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate setting, preferably healthcare based corporation / managed care organization
- Experience with Medicaid / Medicare claims and financial data
- Experience tracking, trending, and reporting on metrics with visualization
- Experience with healthcare claims, financial and care management data
- Basic level of proficiency with Power BI / Tableau / Talend / Crystal Reports
- Analysis within managed care/health insurance industry, government programs and/or finance
- An analytical problem-solving mindset – the ability to demonstrate key successes on business solutions derived from analysis and deep learning
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.