Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Analyst will be a key team member on the Payor and Hospital Contracting Analytics team. The team supports Optum’s PACWEST Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) by obtaining and analyzing data to support health plan and institutional provider contract negotiations. Additional support includes profit and loss reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Builds strong relationships with IT, data warehouse, actuarial, financial, and business intelligence teams to develop a comprehensive expertise of company data
- Consults with stakeholders to identify and develop technical solutions to automate and improve business processes
- Collaborates with team leads to develop complex, automated data pulls which meet their analytical needs
- Detects data quality issues, identifies root causes, implements fixes, and manages data audits to mitigate interruptions
- Designs business intelligence tools to conduct hands-on data analysis on large datasets
- Creates data dictionaries and documentation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data engineering, math, actuarial science, data science or other related fields
- 5+ years of advanced SQL experience (complex data queries, modeling within SQL, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience consulting with key stakeholders to determine their data needs and goals
- 3+ years of experience of extracting, managing, and analyzing various types of data
- Advanced Excel skills including VBA
- Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative to excel at managing competing priorities
- Ability to 10 % travel as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of data extraction, transformation, and load processing, ETL
- Understanding enterprise reporting tools and concepts including Power BI, Cognos Cubes and/or Tableau
- Health insurance and/ or health care industry experience
- Understanding of provider contracting and value-based agreements
- Experience with Snowflake, DBeaver, and/or Visual Studio
- Solid communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.