Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Analyst supports the Finance / Accounting general functions by reporting accurate financial information; performing financial analyses, forecasting, and modeling; and automating internal reporting processes for Finance and other departments. The position also provides management with statistical findings and conclusions; coordinates and communicates data findings and assists in resolving data issues across multiple departments.
- Research, retrieve, design, troubleshoot, and deliver organized analytics regarding healthcare, capitation, accounts receivable, utilization data, claims data and financial accounting data
- Subject Matter Expert as it relates to healthcare capitation, accounts receivable, utilization, claims, and financial accounting data
- Analyzes and extracts data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to report to internal and external customers
- Serves as a key resource to finance teams by providing data / analytical support, mentoring, guidance and technical expertise
- Designs, develops, tests, documents and maintains database queries for ad hoc reporting used in complex conceptual analyses
- Develops systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Manages reporting and analysis elements on all business initiative projects
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators to recognize trends and assist in developing forecasts and financial planning
- Develops innovative approaches to achieve deliverables and increase efficiencies
- Functions as a team lead, oversees the work of others within designated teams
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field required (2 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of experience in a reporting and analytical role
- 3+ years of general healthcare accounting, finance, or operations experience
- Proficient in SQL, SQL Reporting Services, MS Access, and MS Excel and/or equivalent data capture/reporting tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Understanding of the complexity of Member healthcare accounting, claims and revenue
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.