Optum applies evidence based approach in provision of exceptional patient care. This role will be responsible for analyzing complex patient and provider utilization data to provide targeted business insights and recommendations. Focus includes identifying overutilization patterns by providers, researching cost-reduction opportunities such as site of service, and publishing key insight across patient outcomes. This position reports into the Director of Utilization Analytics and involves significant exposure to Optums regional VP-level leaders, as well as the Chief Medical Officer.
- Ability to translate business problems into technical solutions using data analytics
- Generate dashboards to provide executive-level insight across performance trends and opportunity areas
- Deliver strategic recommendations with data-backed evidence and statistical analysis
- Create and maintain financial and FTE models
- Designs and evaluates database systems and processes to support department needs.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in related area or
- Preferred: Master's degree in related area or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in data analytics role
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with SQL and relational database concepts
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of organization including management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
REQUIRED: Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential function of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain the necessary information from new hires prior to employment to ensure compliance. You will be expected to perform all essential functions of this role with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the rescission of your offer or the termination of your employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.