Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for the management and manipulation of pharmacy and HEDIS data with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis, and assuring data quality. They are responsible for creating and ongoing improvements related to operational and market facing reports, tracking metrics such as total targeted, reached, engaged, and conversions. They perform data analysis to assess workforce planning models for multiple member and provider outreach programs, and to assess program effectiveness with complex medication adherence measures. This role will also be required to understand and work in multiple systems including a dialer system, vendor portals, Tableau, and a Salesforce documentation platform. This position presents analyses results/recommendations to leadership directly in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner. Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information. In addition, the Sr. Data Analyst serves as a subject matter expert on all pharmacy and HEDIS data elements and coordinates with end users to ensure total system quality assurance is met at all times.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Needs to be normal working hours
- Supports the development of effective medication adherence programs/initiatives through analyzing, monitoring, and reporting on these programs. Serves as data expert for the department
- Gathers and aggregates Quality data from various sources (Clinical Performance National Glide Path, SPOT, SOCC, MDE, etc.) for explanatory and predictive modeling and develops recommendations
- Perform Medication Adherence and other measure data analysis, reconciliation, and root cause analysis to validate sources of truth and discrepancies to support each Care Delivery Organization within the Health Plan contract
- Liaise with pharmacy leadership to continuously monitor and analyze call center data to identify trends and recommend / develop realistic and effective strategies and solutions
- Perform data analysis and comparison, validate memberships across different systems and tools, identifying any anomalies
- Design, develop, test, and document requested changes to new and existing reports, as well as maintains database queries and data analysis
- Develop expert-level understanding of systems and data flows
- Develops data reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reporting to management
- Utilize data to make recommendations related to risk mitigation, refined volume forecasting, and improved process flows
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, and proposes documented solution recommendations. Coordinates resolution to any/all system issues affecting team
- Presents data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations so they act upon them and make data driven decisions
- Create standards to bring data into a common structure with a goal of effective analysis techniques and business solutions recommendations. Leads analytical projects by coordinating all stages of the development life cycle
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve business processes, report content and completeness of information
- Collaborate with IT and/or analytics peers, where appropriate, to troubleshoot errors and data inconsistencies and coordinates resolutions to issues as directed by self and leadership
- Pull ad-hoc reports/exports to validate data flows and system functionality
- Completes significant special projects and performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of decision support, data analysis, business analysis, or healthcare operations experience
- 4+ years related experience in a reporting and analytic role
- 2+ years of experience evaluating and analyzing data
- 1+ years of experience developing process flows and/or forecast models
- 1+ years of experience in a managed care environment
- Proficient in SQL, T-SQL, SSRS Reporting, SalesForce and Tableau Reporting
- Advanced level proficiency in Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint and Access
- 3+ years of HEDIS, Stars Part D measures, or similar performance measure experience
- 2+ years of Medicare Stars experience, or similar performance guarantee management or quality rating system experience
- Experience working in a matrixed work environment
- Experience with Alteryx Designer and Server
- Experience working remotely
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.