Senior Analyst / Senior Client Analyst (Data Analyst / Data Scientist)
Main location is Manchester M50 3SP or Staines, TW18 3HZ but can be flexible within the UK
Full time 37.5 hours/week
Starting at 44,500 per annum, depending on experience plus fantastic benefits
Here youll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. Youll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose helping people live longer, healthier, happier livesand making a better world.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe isclinically ledand in line with public health guidance.
Weve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Working in our support functions youll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.No matter your role, youll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customerseach and everyday.
As Senior Client Analyst, you will be working directly with our clients and will be accountable for understanding impacts (internal and external) on their Insurance and Wellbeing Schemes, working closely with our Account Management Teams to ensure our clients receive improved outcomes and better value. You will be responsible for designing and performing analysis of many different kinds of data collected through different applications and other operational data measuring the effectiveness of Bupas services on both clinical quality and financial returns.
What youll do:
- Produce, verify, and interpret analytic findings along with building predictive models to deliver recommendations and consumable output for external clients and intermediaries.
- Communicate results and findings whilst building relationships internally and externally
- Collaborate with marketing and other cross-functional counterparts to deliver tangible recommendations to the client and identify cost containment measures
- Be responsible for transforming a business idea supported through appropriate analysis with demonstrable benefits
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Bupa Client reporting and Analytics
What youll bring:
- Preferably demonstrated application or at least advanced awareness of ML Algorithms including the likes of Tree Models & Gradient Boosting Models
- Masters Degree preferably in statistics, mathematics, data science, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Several years experience as an Analyst or Data Scientist preferably in Insurance or Healthcare with deep understanding of the service industry
- Understanding of statistical analysis and a coding background in R/Python or SQL
- Preferably will have used Power BI or equivalent visualisation tool
- Preferably understanding of healthcare data and key concepts of the Private Medical Insurance business and experience working with medical claims data is a plus
- Strong stakeholder management skills, where complex solutions are communicated in a clear and concise manner and tailored to the audience
- Demonstrate innovative, lateral and creative thinking and have the broad knowledge and commercial aptitude to contribute ideas on all aspects of the organisation
- Good business understanding and strong technical skills to solve technical problems such as determining the correct methodology for a specific analysis or the most efficient programming
- Keep track of own projects, monitor status and escalate concerns in a timely and clear fashion to manager
- More experienced members of the team should provide guidance and technical expertise to more junior ones
- Collaborate with other department members and internal clients with minimal oversight
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. We believe all our colleagues should be rewarded for their efforts. We offer a range of benefits to support both your physical and mental wellbeing such as:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa medical insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension planand life insurance
- Target bonus based on individual and company performance
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Variousother benefits and online discounts
At Bupa we adhere to a structured framework when awarding any changes to salary. We believe this creates a fair and consistent approach for all colleagues looking to grow or change role. FormoreguidancepleaseclickHERE.
Before you apply for a vacancy, please ensure your job history on your workday profile is up to date with all your career history and achievements. This will mean the Recruitment team have all the relevant information they need to review your application.
Please be aware that if youre successful in securing this role there may be changes to your notice period and other terms and conditions, your recruiter will be able to advise what this means for you during yourapplication.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed based on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can truly be you at Bupa. We want to ensure you are treatedfairly regardlessof disability or circumstance. Thats why were happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
- Whether youve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
- Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
- This isnt where you'vebeen.
- This is where you're going.
- This is what we have belief in.