Basic information Location London Service line Risk Advisory Date published 10-May-2021 Req # 4954 Job description Your opportunityBuilding a secure and trusted data foundation.Our mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. As part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk.As a team we combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas:
- Data & software engineering – we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our clients' businesses.
- Information management – we implement governance and compliance around enterprise data as a secure and trusted foundation.
- Data science – we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & automation – we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources and removing manual effort.
Furthermore, Technology and Data Risk is an integral part of Deloitte's advisory capabilities, and our One Deloitte strategy enables individuals to work with our specialists in different areas across the business.We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.Your roleAs a Data Science Senior Consultant in our Tech and Data Risk team, you will:
- Provide our clients with the information and insight they need to take the best decisions, improve their performance and minimise risk in projects ranging from advisory missions to technical assignments.
- Engage with clients to get a detailed understanding of their specific needs and ensure that data and information meets our client's business requirements.
- Solve the puzzle of integrating disparate sources of enterprise data and information to model and visualise our clients' businesses.
- Develop solutions and processes to implement governance and compliance around enterprise data as a secure and trusted foundation.
- Design and develop solutions that span Data Science techniques through to AI and automation capability.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choiceAt Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.Location: London with occasional domestic travelWork pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity
Your professional experienceWe are looking for experienced professionals to align to our Data Science capability area, focusing on areas such as predictive modelling, advanced data analytics, scenario analysis, and outcome optimisation.Experience in the following:
- Working with clients to determine most appropriate statistical models to solve business problems
- Developing and fitting complex statistical and machine learning models (e.g., generalised linear models, regularised regressions, neural networks, NLP)
- Summarising model outputs for non-technical audience through reports and visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau/RShiny dashboard)
- Reviewing complex models to assess risks and potential biases
Working with or knowledge on a range of tools such as:
- Visualisation, dashboard and reporting tools e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny.
- Open source visualisation solutions e.g. Plotly, D3.js.
- Data Science / Big Data languages e.g. R, Python.
- Database management tools e.g. SQL.
- Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Spark.
Additional Desirable Experience
- Experience with training and deploying models using cloud technologies (e.g., Amazon Sagemaker, GCP Datalab).
- Experience working in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications sector
- Postgraduate degree in a scientific subject (Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Data Science, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent and/or relevant professional qualification and/or significant relevant consulting/industry expertise.
- Cloud Certifications.
- A relevant professional qualification and/or relevant consulting expertise.
- Experience managing key client relationships and/or managing multiple engagements.
- Strong delivery skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments.
- Strong planning, organisation and management skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
Your service line: Risk AdvisoryIn Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.Personal independenceRegulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & StrategyTo make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South EuropeThe UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at DeloitteCultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
WPFULL SLRSKA BADAAN CFTECH