We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Holiday Hypermarket technology team which Build, Run and Maintain multiple holiday e-commerce websites.
The Senior Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
Please note this role is available to be based at either our Luton or Stockton-On-Tees office as a base location. If not based at Stockton then travel approximately once a month to the Stockton office would be required.
Please note the closing date for applications is : Sunday 21st August
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across Holiday Hypermarket domain. Together with your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations. You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables.
You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
You have a proven record in delivering cloud enablement services to teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the different teams within Holiday Hypermarket you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You actively contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. You can work independently and support junior colleagues.
You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at?team?and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment with hands-on experience with AWS preferable
- Good skill set for understanding and solving problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity.
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes
- Strong programming & scripting skills to work with multiple development technologies, e.g. C#.net, PHP, PowerShell and Bash
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy
- Strong knowledge of networking, DNS, firewalling and both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, great teams
ABOUT OUR OFFER
Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’Excellent rates with foreign exchangeHealth and Wellbeing support in five key areas Financial, Health, Social, Community and CareerPrivate Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants<