Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At’Optum Technology,’our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.’
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. #optumtechnology #optumrx
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
If you are located in the Central Time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a dynamic environment with daily code deployments and changes in priorities from Product Team
- Working as part of scrum team to understand, analyze, and implement requirements into functional artifacts
- Will be responsible to work directly with Product owner to turn user stories into a working C# production ready application using object oriented design patterns
- Support application availability, reliability, and stability
- Conduct performance testing, code deployments to test and production environments, and support and triage of testing for releases
- Act as the liaison between Business, Developers and SCRUM teams on requirements/scope/Change discussions to determine IT scope
- Identify corresponding scope for all Technical Teams for the change considering opportunities for consolidation, enhancement, and retirement of related software/features
- Create a Solution Document, Conduct Review Meeting with all stake holders for the Solution developed
- Work closely with all SCRUM Teams ensure solution/Scope is understood completely and implemented successfully following UHG process/policies
- Analyze and work to resolve the defects reported by business by engaging appropriate teams
- Adherence to Agile/Rally methodology, ServiceNow Process and Maintenance of related technical team documents
- Setup new and convert existing sites to standard Pharmacy Control System, server and workstation setup, configuration, and testing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of C#
- 5+ years of SQL
- 4+ years of development experience building, testing, and troubleshooting RESTful API integrations
- 3+ years of development, enhancement and maintenance of Kafka
- 3+ years of Java 17 or 11
- 3+ years of Kubernetes
- 3+ years of Azure Cloud
- 3+ years of PowerShell
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group?” Put it all together competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.’Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.