Do you want to help build the future of computing on Arm?
Here is a great opportunity to do just that, by joining our outstanding toolchain team that is looking for a skilled and motivated DevOps engineer who is passionate about developing a continuous integration build and test framework.
As part of the toolchain team, you will work with experts in GNU compiler development, and with experts in build and automation systems.
- Collaborating with colleagues across Arm to improve processes
- Identify build system or automation failures and provide appropriate solutions
- Update and deploy build systems
- Ensure the build and test infrastructure is up and running with minimal downtime.
- Seek out information to explore creative solutions
- Help with code reviews and out-of-box testing
Required Skills and Experience :
- Deep understanding of build systems.
- Tracking and resolving dependencies.
- Reproducible builds.
- Experience with rolling out incremental, backwards compatible changes to a deployment process
- Creating packages for package management systems
- Administration of a build system for medium to large C/C++ projects
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Python 3 coding skills, Knowledge of Linux based systems, Strong Git command-line skills
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience :
- Contributing to open-source projects
- Contributing to, or implementing, a build system
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef and Cloud Formation) and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) approaches
- Bash shell scripting abilities, Gerrit code review, GitLab/GitHub code review
- Building and using Docker containers, Make, CMake
- Deployment of artifacts to repositories (Jfrog Artifactory), Robot framework, Testlink, TestRail
- Experience in migrating workloads from on-premises to cloud
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.