Flashtract is redefining how money and information flow in the construction industry. The technological wave in construction is a challenging and thrilling ride where only solutions hyper-focused on transforming lives will survive.
Our award-winning team has grown the company exponentially while maintaining a high-quality product, a fun workplace, and excellent customer service. We rely on innovation, resourcefulness, and grit and expect all new teammates to use these attributes to directly drive the direction of the company.
Are you looking to be a part of the team that is solving a huge problem for one of the world’s largest industries? Do you love taking complex processes and simplifying them through the creative use of software and technology? Are you an expert at designing and building enterprise applications who can design and develop a top-notch, scalable backend? We are seeking a high-energy, hard-working, and enthusiastic individual to lead backend product development and grow the team.
The senior backend engineer will be responsible for the architectural design, implementation, and testing of the software application. This position will work closely with the backend team and product manager to implement new features, fix bugs, maintain the application. We are looking for someone who is an expert in Java, as well as backend architecture and writing high quality code.
- A commitment to writing great Java code and unit tests that meet customer needs
- In depth knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, and architecture design and implementation
- Create: Work directly with product management to go from concept to design with our product features that will drive increased customer adoption and deliver a compelling user experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with product management and backend team to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive features and enhancements for the frontend to use
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages
- Keep a high level of quality and reliability performance of the product and the team building the product
- Maintain quality with scalable automated and manual testing
- Deep understanding of Java, including Spring and Hibernate, REST API architecture, MySQL & relational databases
- Some understanding: Mongo or NoSQL databases, Git, Unit testing, Pipeline automation, third party API integrations, JSON, utilizing a debugger
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle & programming techniques & tools
- Openness to use and make improvements to agile development process
- Reliable project & time management skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal & written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 5-10 years experience in a professional software development environment
Within the first month, you will:
- Understand high-level construction billing and payment workflows
- Talk to sales/support and customers to get to know our users
- Understand high-level technical architecture and capabilities
- Get to know teammates and understand current workflow and improvements that can be made
- Get familiar with code structure and deployment practices
- Begin tandem development with the current team on small features
- Identify goals, key metrics, and plans to achieve them
Within the first 3 months, you will:
- Be comfortable navigating and manipulating the codebase
- Be able to take feature requests and create specs and timelines
- Be able to make architectural decisions with the help of the engineering team
Within the first 6 months, you will:
- Be able to make architectural recommendations independently
- Be a proven self-starter and able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Stay up to date with the newest technologies relevant to our platform and business