Mission Lane LLC is a fintech on a mission (no pun intended) to increase access to financial tools that help people thrive. We are raising the bar on fair credit access, easy money management, and convenient income discovery. Our philosophy is simple: when our customers do well, we do well. And we have only just begun.
Mission Lane’s is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with Kubernetes experience to join our geographically diverse team. All Mission Laners may choose to work 100% remotely, at one of our offices in Richmond, VA or San Francisco, CA, or in whatever combination works best.
The Impact You’ll Make In This Role
Mission Lane is looking for a highly talented and well rounded Senior Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team. Someone who is familiar with not only writing quality code, but also how to deploy and manage applications and systems in production. If you are excited about designing & building scalable, highly available systems, with a small sharp agile team, then this is the right role for you. You would be an influential engineer that will steer the team in the right direction, drive execution, and mentor fellow engineers in software design, system architecture, and operations.. If you are excited about designing & building scalable, highly available systems, with a small sharp agile team, then this is the right role for you.
- Work in true DevOps fashion leading the entire tech stack
- Leverage the latest technology such as kubernetes, ArgoCD, Gloo, and modern day paradigms such as GitOps
- Solve complex engineering and architectural problems in scaling Mission Lane’s products
- Mentor other engineers on the team and raise the bar in engineering excellence across the organization
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Credit, Growth and Data Science teams to understand customer needs and how to design and build the most appropriate features or systems.
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane is looking for candidates who have:
- Extensive end to end experience in building systems using a major language such as Java, Kotlin, Python, Go in production environments.
- Extensive experience in designing microservice architecture using kubernetes and docker in production
- Familiar with architectural strategies such as event driven systems and domain driven designs
- Have experience in building RESTful APIs, leveraging frameworks like Open API and Swagger
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure, ideally GCP.
- A strong desire to mentor and improve the developers around you.
- Experience with designing, deploying and improving distributed systems and their associated systems, like orchestration, testing, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as Heroku, AWS, and GCP.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
More About Mission Lane
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to over 1 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it – life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third party recruiters.