Senior Back-End Engineer
If you had all day to work on any development project you wanted, chances are that you would pick something you’re passionate about. It might even be something that could change people’s lives for the better. At Tava Health, that’s exactly what we’ve done. We’re passionate about improving emotional healthcare and it’s our mission to do it through frictionless, technology-enabled care.
The “technology-enabled” part is where you come in. We’re seeking an experienced back-end engineer whose passion for development is rivaled only by a passion for meaningful mission-based work. You’ll have the responsibility to ensure that the emotional healthcare we provide is enabled by functional and reliable platforms for clinicians, clients, and internal staff. This work will improve the quality of our customers’ lives, and that’s work worth doing.
- Infuse all of your work with empathy, security, and quality to produce high-quality experiences
- Build internal APIs to support client, clinical, and administrative applications
- Build integrations with 3rd party services for scheduling, video conferencing, and billing, etc.
- Build systems to capture data about how clients interact with us to learn how to improve the product
- Manage and build upon our simple service deployment in AWS
What We Expect:
- Ability to move fast and work through ambiguity – we are a small startup and are constantly balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
- Effective collaboration with frontend engineers, product managers, data scientists, behavioral health specialists, and others
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes that may be out of your comfort zone
- Empathy for everyone you affect: patients, clinicians, coworkers, and yourself
- Proactive and consistent improvement of the security of our systems
- Clear and efficient technical writing and thought to communicate complex ideas
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent with around 5 years of backend experience
Key Backend Technologies:
- Competitive Salary and Stock options
- Tava mental health benefit with access to your own personal therapist (available to you and your family)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance (available to you and your dependents)
- Up to $1200/year contributed to your Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays and generous PTO
- Work from anywhere
- Parental leave
- Paid team lunches every Friday
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, marital or disability status.
- Please note: All Tava hiring is handled by company representatives using “@tavahealth.com” email addresses. Please beware of unauthorized recruiting communications requesting personal information. We never hire anyone without first completing a real-time, face-to-face interview (conducted by video or in-person), nor do we use encrypted instant messaging services like Signal. If you have questions regarding the authenticity of any outreach, please do not hesitate to use the chat feature on our website or contact us at [email protected]***