Flow solves the complexity of fund infrastructure. We connect information across investors, providers, investments and systems to realize our mission of empowering thought. Powered by dynamic tools and human centric interfaces, our cross platform SaaS technology networks and adapts to the myriad of ways funds operate to optimize productivity and increase time invested into making decisions. By bringing Flow to the $10 Trillion alternative asset market, we are able to increase the speed of decisions, the speed of capital and the speed of growth that serve as the lifeblood for all market based economies.
Our remote team of ~30 is distributed throughout the Americas (USA, Mexico, Canada, and Uruguay). Our small, but mighty team is backed by world-class investors. At Flow, we are building an environment that supports career growth and affords opportunities to work with great people and technology.
Flow is seeking individuals who value personal growth. You value working for a startup because having a substantial impact on the company is important to you. You are hardworking but have expectations that there will be a balance between work and personal life. You are professional and know how to be productive without a lot of oversight. You are excited about the opportunity to actively help build a great team and great products. You take satisfaction in solving real-world problems. You consistently seek ways to grow and challenge yourself. You value teamwork and understand that in a great team, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Design, develop and deploy Rails API
- Translate existing user stories and workflows to construct effective services and controllers
- Help architect new business logic
- Work with data and schema migrations
- Maintain and update existing software
- Create and deliver high quality code for new features
- Collaborate with the business team to appropriately scope and schedule deliverables
- Verify that releases are performing optimally across queries, APIs, and infrastructure
- Perform code reviews for other developers work
Abilities & Skills
- Full-stack web/mobile developer
- 6+ years developing and deploying production ready web applications
- Experience designing APIs
- Mastery of Rails
- Mastery of PostgreSQL (or other relational databases)
- Mastery of CLI tools
- Experience interfacing with volatile caches (Redis or Memcached)
- Experience deploying AWS infrastructure (OpsWorks, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience developing Lambda functions
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience with venture capital financing and fund operations
- Passionate about fintech
- Previously worked at a startup or a small team
- Previously worked with remote teams
Thank you for your interest in exploring the possibility of working at Flow. We look forward to speaking with you!