Leading Mobile Game Developer seeking strong Server Engineers to join our team!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Tommy Pham
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $120,000 – $165,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
We are looking for a thoughtful and detail-focused engineer to help us deliver our next phase of technology. Our roadmap is different from what can currently be found in the marketplace, so we need you to help us validate our assumptions, build conceptual proof of ideas, and ensure we are effectively connecting content to technology!
Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states CA, OR, WA, and NV.
Why join us?
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
- Collaborate with Production, QA team, and teammates to develop new technology
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain scalable server codebases
- Research new technologies and help architect the future technology roadmap
- Develop fun, innovative features used by millions
- Maintain a mentoring relationship with members of your team
- Follow and encourage standards around development, code review, testing, and deployment
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of modern programming language (Java, C#) experience in an enterprise or server environment
- 3+ years of database experience (SQL, Dynamo)
- Experience with the AWS technologies such as Dynamo, EventBridge, etc.
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- Ability to solve cutting-edge technical challenges at scale, with performant solutions
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.