The Merchant Growth Tribe’s mission is to build an ecosystem of simple yet powerful products for our 1.5m+ merchants around the world which will help them grow their business. This includes our Goodeats team, who is building a robust restaurant POS system that allows our merchants to process contactless payments seamlessly.The Goodeats team is looking to bring on an experienced Frontend engineer to further develop and build our consumer facing ordering solutions.What you’ll do
- Contribute to our ambitious goals by making it extremely simple for merchants and consumers all over the world to use our products
- Write efficient, testable code to help us achieve our ambitious goals
- Have a can do mindset, finding solutions to complex technical challenges
- Collaborate with product managers and the support team to build new features for our users to help them grow their businesses
You’ll be great for this role if you can/have
- 3+ years of commercial professional experience working as a backend developer
- Demonstrable experience building PHP7+ backend services
- Demonstrable experience of Laravel or a major framework
- Understand business requirements, translating them into technical requirements
- Champion of Unit Testing (PHPUnit or PHPSpec) and are confident in what and when to test
- Experience of Agile Software Development and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in building REST APIs and parsing data structures in JSON
- A strong knowledge and understanding of modern software design patterns
Nice to have
- Experience with MySQL or Amazon Aurora databases
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, technology-focused organisation
- Knowledge of authentication concepts (oAuth, JWT etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based hosting (AWS/Azure etc.)
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.)
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
- You'll attend global off-sites and regular team events.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
About SumUpWe believe in the everyday hero.Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate#LI-SM3