Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry’everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
The goal of the Enterprise Intelligence Platform (EIP) is to provide health systems with a best-in-class analytics platform that supports enterprise data management, allows sophisticated and advanced analytical content creation, and distributes insights close to decision making. The goal is to:
- Create a centralized platform for all data flowing from systems of record owned by the client as well as external data that can be leveraged to drive analytics
- Create a scalable way to connect disparate data sources to drive increased insights
- Facilitate multiple instances of various systems of record
- Managed data is effectively and efficiently transformed as part of analytical processes and reporting, while maintaining accuracy and the ability to verify insights
- Creating a way to apply advanced analytical models (e.g. machine learning) and other types of enrichments to base data in an effective way and as part of processes that maintain transparency and confidence in the process
- Establishing a process to ensure that actionable insights are provided to the right person at the right time and in the right way to support everything from real-time decision making to strategic evaluations
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for cloud applications
- Work on designing/implementing/automation procedures for deployment, configuration, patching and upgrading of systems and applications
- Conduct analysis of production systems and performance testing results to identify areas of improvement within the application or infrastructure
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years of experience with Databricks on Azure
- 3+ years of experience with Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- 3+ years of experience with Azure Logic Apps
- 3+ years of experience with Azure Data Lake Storage gen 2 (ADLS2)
- 3+ years of experience with Terraform
- 3+ years of experience with APIs
- 3+ years of experience doing analytics platform/infrastructure work
- 3+ years of experience with a relevant language (Java, Scala, Python or Go)
- Experience of working on Azure key vault/Kubernetes secrets/Hashicorp vault
- Experience of working on Azure/on-premises AD, authentication, and authorization with OIDC and OAuth2 methods
- Cloud monitoring experience with Azure Monitor, Azure Application Insights, and Log Analytics Workspace or other open-source tools
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.