Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team to support our government clients. In this role requires the candidate to be local to the DC Metro Area. The successful applicant needs to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating and managing operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment. This applicant will have subject matter expertise with Azure including a deep knowledge of cloud technologies and have the ability to align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders and build CGS’ capabilities by serving our clients.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Support Federal Government clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
- Interview clients to understand their application and infrastructure current state.
- Lead client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans.
- Work with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
- Manage cloud infrastructure from the portal, PowerShell, or by using the CLI.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, configuring and monitoring solutions in Azure for both Windows and Linux servers.
- Maintain gold images and scripts.
- Responsible for mentoring Junior Cloud Engineers on procedural and professional duties.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance (Secret or Top Secret).
- BS/BA degree plus 8 years of experience. In lieu of a degree, 11 or more years of relevant experience may suffice.
- Hands-on experience with Azure (must have used the portal or used CLI, and API’s).
- Experience actively implementing cloud solutions and using Azure services.
- Experience administering Windows and Linux servers.
- High proficiency in written and oral communication for the conveyance of cloud solution work products. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Nice to have skills/Qualifications
- Azure Administrator Associate Certification
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- DevOps and/or Micro-services experience with at least one technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Containers, etc.
- Computer Science, or Engineering degree
- Previous Federal Government experience
- Previous Army experience
- DoD Secret/TS Clearance
- Experience with FedRamp environments
A global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through various services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 15.2 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high-quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.