The role of the Security Solutions Architect is to protect an prestigious Magic Circle law firm and its clients by ensuring that IT system designs meet security requirements and by architecting security-related solutions to support the security strategy. The Security Architect will work closely with project teams, providing direction, guidance and support to ensure that solutions are successfully delivered to the business.
Working as part of an open and inclusive team, you will:
- apply technical and commercial understanding to achieve business outcomes via effective programs of change and investment;
- provide security input to projects and BAU pieces of work to ensure that systems meet security requirements;
- communicate technical solutions articulately across all levels of stakeholder seniority and audience understanding;
- collaborate with the Technology department and business on the role of architecture, influencing key stakeholders towards changes that develop the technology platform in line with the strategy;
- ensure the Firm’s business strategy, technology strategy and market trends are aligned in solutions designed and delivered;
- drive business value from strategic investments through the re-use of technology platforms.
- Practical experience in a strategic and/or senior technical role, within an IT system driven environment.
- Proven ability to lead others in the analysis of complex business problems and achieve a mutually acceptable solution.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of mainstream technology and mainstream technology providers.
- Strong written skills, in particular specification documents, technical authoring and procedures.
- Proven understanding of the techniques of system development and service management disciplines.
- Understanding of the core concepts and key principles of software development.
- Detailed knowledge in several of the following core technology areas:
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft identity platform (Azure AD, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, SAML, MSAL)
- Encryption and key management technologies
- Windows Server OS
- Windows Desktop (10/11)
- Database technologies (MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL)
- An understanding of security architecture, principles and best practice.
- Clear understanding of the technology market with a special concentration on newer technologies.
Note – this role can also be based in Colchester.
Referrals are welcome with a 1000 cash referral payable for a successful referral.