Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is collectively working to build a cutting-edge future and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Scientific Data Engineer with a strong background in automating data flows for scientific / engineering applications. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good.
As a Scientific Data Engineer at Exscientia, you will be based at our Oxford office, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with Lab scientists, software developers and research engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur, the industry leading automated drug design platform.
- Assist with developing, validating, and optimising an automated workflow management tool for samples and assays Develop instrument integration solutions to drive efficiency savings in the Exscientia lab
- Free our scientists from repetitive tasks by implementing automated procedures (e.g. report generation)
- Work with our Biology teams to model their data
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years experience, working with scientists or engineers to build automated data solutions Mastery of Python for writing short data processing and integration scripts
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry or relevant field.
- Proven ability to write concise documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with Airtable
- Work together to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- We will work with you to kick-start or further grow your career – from funding for professional development and conference attendance. To also ensuring you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- We will work with you to provide a highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Our teams health and well-being is important to us which is why we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- We offer a generous holiday allowance, provide flexible working and remote working to encourage all of our team to manage their own work, time and life.
- When you are in the office, you will have access to a kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees along with plenty of break out areas so you can get to know the people you are working with. Some of the best ideas start with a coffee break!
- Hear from our team why they enjoy working here Click here
- ID: AFA854A31C
- Department: Technology, Lab Informatics
- Type: full time