SCADA Software Engineer
We are searching for an experienced SCADA Software Engineer at our Kings Langley (Beaufort Court) office.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The RESolve Energy Management System is developed by RES and controls Energy Storage and Hybrid Renewable Energy Projects using industry standard Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Software and Automation Controllers. The SCADA Software Engineer will develop standard designs and software frameworks to form the core of the RESolve offering. You will support the RESolve team as the SCADA Software subject matter expert (SME) with a focus on Quality, Standardization and Scalability.
Reporting to the RESolve Development Manager, you will architect, document and build HMI/GUI and data acquisition frameworks across global projects. The Engineer will investigate and make suggestions for framework improvements to add to the efficiency and value of the RESolve system.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems – Software, Architectures, Networks
- Database Technologies in a SCADA Environment
- Communication Protocols – Modbus/DNP3/OPC-UA/MQTT
- Hypervisors & Operating System
- PLC's and RTU – SEL and Allen Bradley (preferred)
- SCADA Software configuration – Ignition (preferred)
- Programming/Scripting in a SCADA environment – Python/CSS (preferred)
- Database Configuration & Administration – MS SQL Server (preferred)
- Data Acquisition Architecture and Protocols – Modbus/DNP3/OPC-UA/MQTT
- Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent qualifications with additional experience
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.