Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life’s best work. In this Salesforce Software Engineer role you will support variety of development projects including requests for new functionality, data quality requests, break/fixes, etc.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure and understanding of how to leverage the tool to meet complex process and reporting requirements
- Firm understanding of Salesforce Communities
- Previously established and supported a Customer Community
- Fluent in Salesforce Lightning
- Extensive experience developing Lightning Components – both within the Salesforce Lightning Design System and by writing custom Lightning Components (both web and aura)
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on the SFDC platform based on industry best practices as well as business needs
- Manage the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in SFDC application
- Deliver support and solutions for break/fix issues
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Handle numerous projects/priorities using proven project management methodologies and sound development practices to ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions
- Monitor Salesforce.com usage for compliance (knowledge of Salesforce Shield, HIPAA standards)
- Maintain security for Salesforce.com data
- Interface with business analysts and technical staff and be responsible for delivering complete work products
- Evaluate and Implement App Exchange platforms
- Research integration issues and work closely with team members on operations and development staff
- Research and development of new Salesforce.com prototypes and applications
- Research and keep current on force.com technologies and communicates trends and future needs from a business perspective
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of applications
- Will be responsible for providing production support to frontline staff/end users of solutions
- Research and development of new Salesforce.com ‘Proof of Concepts’ to allow business to decide on and approve proposed solutions
- On occasion will provider after hour support for solution deployments in production
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience working as a Salesforce.com developer
- 3+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 3+ years of historical and proven knowledge and practical application of Lightning, Visualforce, APEX programming, SOQL, & SOSL
- 3+ years of experience and deep understanding of Force.com APIs standards & frameworks, including SOAP/ REST web Services
- 2+ years of experience working in iterative and/or Agile and or/Scrum Development Methodology
- Salesforce Advanced Developer certification
- ETL experience (Informatica, Mulesoft, etc.)
- Experience working in Snowflake integrations
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process nad tools (GitHub, Copado, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.