A successful applicant must:
1) hold a bachelor degree (or higher) in meteorology, applied mathematics, computer science and related fields;
2) have strong interests in machine learning and the applications in atmospheric sciences ;
3) be familiar with at least one machine learning model (e.g. TensorFlow, etc.);
4) have experience in applying machine learning on practical problems independently is recommended;
5) have basic knowledge on atmospheric data.
1) develop machine learning/deep learning algorithms for atmospheric monitoring and prediction;
2) investigate, design, develop and optimize algorithms for meteorological products;
3) assist department manager with other related work.
Note: This position is required by PIESAT Information Technology (United Kingdom) Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PIESAT Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Working Location: University of Reading, UK
About PIESAT Information Technology Co., Ltd.:
PIESAT Information Technology Co., Ltd. (PIESAT, stock code: 688066) is a leading satellite operation and application service provider in China since 2008, and one of the first batch of listed enterprises in the STAR Board of Shanghai stock market. PIESAT has independently developed the PIE (Pixel Information Expert) remote sensing software with intellectual property, and the first Chinese remote sensing cloud service platform named PIE-Engine, realizing the independent research and development of basic remote sensing software. The company has established overseas subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Sydney, London, Geneva, with business covering Asia, Europe, Australia and other regions. It provides spatial application solutions for government sectors, enterprises, universities, etc.
In meteorology industry, PIESAT has been developing on quantitative inversion, machine learning, cloud computing, cloud storage, big data analysis, rapid cycle assimilation, virtual reality and other cutting-edge technologies; it provides top-level design of information system, software R & D and application, data sharing services, etc. as well as carries out accurate meteorological forecast support services for road, aviation, logistics, agriculture and other industries.
In marine industry, based on key technologies in remote sensing, satellite positioning and navigation, geographic information system, big data, PIESAT has established an integrated solution for data transmission monitoring, data reception, storage management, data processing, comprehensive data application analysis, 2D/3D integrated display and shared distribution, etc. It provides multi-level comprehensive information services for government sectors, scientific research institutions, enterprises, and the public.