About the role:
Takeda’s Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is seeking a highly motivated lab-based scientist to join a collaborative and dynamic team. Contribute to pre-clinical projects by designing and developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects within immuno-oncology research. The successful candidate must have a strong foundation in cancer biology and proved molecular biology skills in oncology and/or immune-oncology drug discoveries. The individual will collaborate and demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results with key stakeholders. Ideal applicant will be team-oriented, possess excellent communication, technical and organizational skills.
How you will contribute:
- Contribute to pre-clinical projects by designing and developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects within immuno-oncology research.
- Independently design and execute functional in vitro assays to understand the mechanism of action.
- Analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to key stakeholders, and play an active role in the subsequent scientific discussions leading to key decisions and program-enabling next steps
- Initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theories, data from internal/external partners, and technical literature
- Propose novel projects based on internal/external results and published reports.
- Assist with external collaborations/CROs and establish new protocols where necessary
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or MS with 4+ years experience, or BS with 6+ years experience
- Industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Proven records by leveraging molecular/genetic tools for oncology and/or immune-oncology research, including but not limited to CRISPR/Cas9 related techniques
- Experience with data analysis software, such as FlowJo and GraphPad Prism
- Ability to carry out data acquisition, analysis, and storage
- Demonstrate scientific leadership from the lab within project teams.
- Experience with NK cell and tumor cell coculture is preferred.
- Knowledge of T cell and/or NK cell biology and flow cytometry
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.