We are seeking a collaborative, creative and talented mass spectrometrist to join the protein degradation group in Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS) department at Takeda San Diego. You will design, develop and implement proteomics and chemo-proteomics strategies to accelerate drug discovery programs in the areas of Oncology, Neurosciences, Rare and Gastrointestinal diseases. You should have extensive bench research experience and enjoy a laboratory-focused role in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team setting.
- You will design and perform quantitative proteomics, isobaric labeling (TMT, iTRAQ), label-free quantification and peptide fragmentation experiments
- You will establish engagement (pSILAC) and label-free proteome profiling (DART, SPROX) assays
- You will lead bottom-up mass spectrometry-based studies for in cell and in-vitro quantitative proteomics
- You will develop and implement approaches for small molecule target identification, engagement and validation (site-selective protein modification, photo affinity cross-linking, activity-based protein profiling (ABPP)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience, or MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience
- Expertise in quantitative proteomics techniques, isobaric labeling methods (TMT, iTRAQ), label-free quantification approaches and peptide fragmentation methods
- Experience in target engagement methods (pSILAC) and label-free proteome profiling (DART, SPROX)
- Experience in bottom-up mass spectrometry-based applications for in cell and in-vitro quantitative proteomics
- Biologics characterization using mass spectrometric methods
- Experience with E3 ubiquitin ligases, molecular degrader technologies is a plus
- Experience in small molecule target identification, engagement and validation
- Expertise in biorthogonal chemistry, site-selective protein modification, photo affinity cross-linking, activity-based protein profiling (ABPP) is a plus
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers including Q Exactive and Orbitrap Eclipse Tribrid
- Experience with quantitative proteomics data analysis, including Proteome Discoverer, IP2, MaxQuant, or equivalent analysis platforms is required
- Experience in the operation, minor maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of laboratory equipment required
- Programming expertise is a plus
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
San Diego, CA