Directs data flow for studies supported by the Clinical Research Program. Collaborates with Project Directors and Principal Investigators on the design, development, implementation, and validation of modest databases. Establishes and follows procedures for effectively entering, cleaning, and managing data. Develops and maintains data record filing system. Provides data management support to study staff, including senior data managers. Values Statement: Embodies the Hospital’s core values in all interactions with patients, families, and colleagues. Duties Notice: the statements below describe the essential duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides data coordination and data management services for studies supported by the Clinical Research Program.
- Assists research biostatisticians with analysis file creation.
- Supports clinical research reporting for data review, quality control checks, and interim and final analysis.
- Designs, develops, and validates databases using application software suitable for supporting clinical research investigations.
- Provides educational support and training to investigators and study staff for the development and implementation of research studies. Participates in teaching CRP data management courses to Hospital employees.
- Provides project and data management support for CRP studies.
- Provides positive and effective customer service and contributes to teamwork within and between departments, divisions, programs and other organizations.
- Ensures work in the CRP is performed in conformance with established hospital, program, federal, and state policies and procedures.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required
- Work requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in health science or related and a minimum of two or more years of data entry and data coordinator experience.
- Work requires the analytical skills to handle clinical research data in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- Work requires strong working knowledge and experience with data management and database software (e.g. web-based EDC).
- Work requires critical attention to detail and accuracy.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.